Victorious Secret
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victorious Secret

An Ex World Of Warcraft Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sayin Hi from the desert

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
asmo
Admin
asmo

Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:33 am

Whelp, I was TEH HAXORED...

Go figure, inactive for that long, I'm not sure how it works.

On the plus side, Blizz banned my toon for gold farming, I sorted it out with CS and they restored all the missing stuff.

On the plus side, I now have 40 stacks of frostweave, about 200g worth of trash lewt the guy had collected, more drakkari offerings than I can poke a stick at and a month of free game time because apparently I referred someone (that's how they reactivate the account without a notification coming to the account owner or sans their credit card).

It also looks like they don't change the password because Blizz notifies you if it changes...

Anyhoo, I'm back in for about 3 weeks (sry bout last night Letti, my client crashed and it was late so I decided to hit the hay) but I'm kinda bored wandering around already. The new bub doesn't give me a lot of uninterrupted time for grouping (same reason I quit LOTRO), but I should be on here and there so if you see me, say hi ; )
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:12 am

I dusted Friz off today, ran a heroic... and only killed 1 clothie!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/polasky
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:31 am

Seriously, mebbe I'm just getting old but trying to find something worth doing after so long off is difficult...
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 pm

your not old brother... "we're" old Wink
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:06 am

I'd be young at heart but my upbeat attitude is still looking for it's Zimmer frame...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Letrissia
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:41 am

hai guys! how have you been?
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey there, strangers! Randomly thought I'd hit the old VS site today and see who was floating around. Glad to see some activity on the forums! Sounds like everyone's doing well. Smile

Fritz: Where are you these days, ya bastard? Sounds like you're back from Korea. In the Middle East now? How's the family?

Letri: Looks like you're having fun hitting new content (or 'old' content, perhaps, since I've been away for so long). Say 'hi' to all the old Outlandish crew for me. I think many of them were in the guild we formed on the Hyjal server (Malcolm, Zathras, Audacity, Vivid, etc.). Not sure who's still playing, but there has to be one or two there still. Are Biohzrd and Babbabooey still playing? How's school going?

Syss: How's EVE Online treating you? I had a friend who was playing it back in China and said it was a blast. Glad to hear you're doing well!

Az: You old fart. Belated congratulations on the baby! My wife and I have one on the way (see attached) - due in 6 weeks and I'm ridiculously excited and... terrified at the same time. Trying to stock-up on sleep before I have to be happy with 2-3 hr spurts. ;-)

Other than that, life is good. My wife and I repatriated from China a couple of years ago, moved back to San Francisco for a year, and then decided to move to where I grew-up in Minnesota. Cold, but I have no complaints. Haven't played an MMO for about 2 years now. My gaming consists of an occassional online Scrabble game here and there with my mother (pathetic, I know).

Hope everyone else is well!

-Brendan

Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Week3210

[code]
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Holy cow!!! Talk about a voice from the past... Brendan! Super grats on the soon to be liitle one! Being a GreenBay Packer fan, I have to hate you... its in my blood to hate anything Minnesota.

Yeah Back from Korea, year later...deployed 6 months in the middle east... 2 to go! Thats my life I chose, I just have to look at it as 8 more years and I'll have my retirement check and I'll only be 40, so I can still work. I also have a little girl on the way in Feb, so that makes 3 for me then.

If your not playing thats cool, but you need to get into the now-age and look all of us up ( Az/Letri/me ) on Facebook so we can stay in touch! *I dont know of anyone else if they are on FB or not

just remember"highjack" is one of the best scrabble words ever!!

*Edit: Oh yeah... u think your cold there... I'm stationed in Alaska right now ( for the next year )!
Back to top Go down
Letrissia
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Brendan!!! I missed you. Ya Malcolm and Zath are still around. Malcolm is actually our guild leader. I havent seen Bio or Babba in a while but I'm sure they will be back some time. I've been busy raiding and student teaching. Student teaching is alot more work than I thought it would be lol. Grats on the baby Very Happy Youll have to put up another pic when its born too.
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 am

Zomg Brendan, grats mate... =)

Btw, if you're on Suckbook (facebook), look for Grant McKinney (guy in a kilt), that's me ; )

don't feel slighted if i don't add you immediately, I suck at facebook...

I'm now on my whole year off work parenting (12 weeks of parental leave + 12 weeks of long service, everything at half pay + public holidays = 364 days of no work... =)
Back to top Go down
syssillith
Preceptor
Preceptor
syssillith

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Awesome to hear from you Brendan! Congrats on the upcoming baby.

Congrats to you Friz on #3.

I'm doing the work grind, but it's been quite a struggle. I'm at a little startup, and we've been really tight on finances for the past year, so I've been thinking about career alternatives. But life outside of work is good and I'm thankful for my wife and our cats and our friends.

I wish everyone the best!
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:40 am

Hey Syss, good to hear from ya mate. =)
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 am

bump?!?!
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Happy new years and all that guff Frizz.. =)

The old VS site has been pretty quite since I banned anon spam comments. X D
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 pm

w00t It's alive!! The MB is alive!!

Thnx Az u 2 bro on all that holiday cheer.

We are almost to our new assignment! 1 more day of driving and we will have gone from Anchorage, AK to Ft Walton Beach, FL!

It's something else getting used to 70F in Feb rather than the -20F we had when we left Alaska.

Is anyone playing anything? free? single player? mmo? I am waiting for Tochlight II myself, and/or Diablo III. Knowing myself, I will probably try the Panda expansion... because I am weak willed.
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:20 am

The list is long (ridiculously so)

SWTOR, bit of EQII now it's gone F2P (albeit quite restricted), a couple of crappy asian beat em up mmo's, Space Marine, Dungeons of Dredmore (rogue type game, very fun), To the Moon (seriously, sleeper game of the year, such a great storyline, had me bawling like a baby for the last 30 mins of the game)

If you've got a steam account i'll message ya my steam nick on fuck.. err, facebook.

ps. I'm in Cairns where it's a wonderful 34 deg cel with 90% humidity, so I feel your pain, but 70 in florida is what, 28 deg cel? SHould be a nice change from the frozen north imo... =)
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor
Friz

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

taking a boss down the first time is not as rewarding and exciting as taking a boss down after multiple, multiple deaths...

It's like hearing the Final fantasy battle victory music after a long battle with Garland.
Back to top Go down
Letrissia
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi guys! It's good to see real people on here Very Happy I have been busy finishing up my first year of teaching lol. I'm still playing the WoW machine in Outlandish. 6/8 Dragonsoul heroic modes in 25's >.>
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:48 am

Letrissia wrote:
Hi guys! It's good to see real people on here Very Happy I have been busy finishing up my first year of teaching lol. I'm still playing the WoW machine in Outlandish. 6/8 Dragonsoul heroic modes in 25's >.>

Grats Letti, how's teaching working out for you? I was terrible to young teachers when I was a young 'un... \= |

Or are you working with younger kids? (ie. not teenagers aka assholes ; )
Back to top Go down
Letrissia
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:35 am

Teaching is so much work. I'm teaching second graders and some of them are quite the handful. Plus I teach after school classes as well, so I pretty much have 11 hr work days. I love my job though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asmo
Admin
asmo

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:15 am

Letrissia wrote:
Teaching is so much work. I'm teaching second graders and some of them are quite the handful. Plus I teach after school classes as well, so I pretty much have 11 hr work days. I love my job though Very Happy

Yeah, but at least 7 y/olds (well, that's grade 2 in Aus roughly) aren't as bad as teenagers, and it's not like you can just frost nova or sheep them in to submission... X D
Back to top Go down
Letrissia
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:47 am

It's been a long time! How is everyone's summers going?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sayin Hi from the desert   Sayin Hi from the desert - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sayin Hi from the desert
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victorious Secret :: The Meeting Place :: Public Forum-
Jump to: