Victorious Secret

An Ex World Of Warcraft Guild

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Idea with great intentions... please read!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 am

Hello VS, My name is Friz, some of you I have had the pleasure healing for and some may not know who the heck I am, so an introduction is needed. I am an officer from the guild Objection, and am here to bring you an Idea that may have some nice benefits in return.

Objection, just like yourselves, are on that cusp of Karazhan and are running Heroics, and getting people Key'd up, all that good stuff... same as you guys are right now. Our Idea is simple, so simple I don't know why we havent thought of it before now, but anyways...

A multi-guild "LFG-Friends-Spot for raid" channel. Between 3 guild in the same scinario. Think of it as a big 'ol LFG list as you will. By all means I don't wish this to be mandatory for everyone, but it would be a great benifit for all those 70's out there trying to get a group up on a slow night, or your guild is ready to try out Kara but still need 3 more folks, or man you got 4 folks w/ Heroic CoT keys and you are needing that last guy... thats what this is all about.

If we make this channel work, it could be a huge step in creating more freindships, meeting new folks, and possibly preforming multi-guild 25 man raids in the distant future.

I am looking to discuss this with another guild as well whom I know have heroic/kara keys and are making it happen... combined I am looking at Victorious Seceret, Objection, and Immortal as the multi-guild channel begins... possibly more, but I know we all have friends in these 3 guilds that we have grouped with before.

I think this will take our instance running/LFG/raiding to a new level of security.

I will be the POC for this endevor, and feel free to message me in game or mail me a letter or email me wxman17 at yahoo dot com.

Cheers! Cool

Friz
70 Healadin
Objection
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/polasky
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:19 pm

you can interact with Objection on our website as well:

OBJECTION
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:48 am

Hi Friz,

Thanks for posting. It's always great to hear from other guilds, especially when they are talking about Cooperation Smile

Having said that, I am an officer for the guild and our guild leader is away on holidays for a couple of weeks, but I make sure he gets back to you asap when he returns.

Thanks for the offer, hope to run into you online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://victoriouss.forumotion.com
Brendan
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:44 am

Friz,

Thanks again for the post. As already mentioned, Az is on vacation at the moment. However, our guild has had some discussions on this subject in our private forums already. To give you some initial feedback, we are highly interested in your proposal and very positive in the potential usefullness of such a channel.

With that said, maybe I could ask a few questions so we have a better understanding of some of the details behind the premise:

1) Can you let us know again which guilds you are approaching to participate in the channel and what the initial response has been from them? Obviously, we (and other guilds) would ideally like to be comfortable with who participates so that it doesn't turn into another unused channel due to highly differing guild 'personalities' or divergent intentions...

2) As you know, VS is a smaller guild aimed at competent, higher-level players with an emphasis on quality, not quantity. One (very minor) concern is that the size of Objection (over 200 toons if I remember right) and other possible guilds, the channel may turn into a "Can someone run me through Deadmines or Stockades?" solicitation channel. We are always happy to help, but I'd hate for the intent of the channel to get diluted to the point of becoming spam.

Again, we're currently interested in participating, but just want to make sure we know what we're getting into and feel comfortable the channel would be beneficial to all the guilds involved.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Bre
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:35 pm

to answer your questions....

1) it will be between Immortal , Objection, and VS... I think that will suffiice, and small enough but large enough...just right...

2) we are a "social" guild, with many many members... but this will be used for 67+ only... that will stop the "can you run me through stockades...plz omfg u r0><o5z".

they way our guild is made up is almost 2 halfs.. we have the social any lvl type guild, which is awesome for alts to find low lvl groups with etc, no real restrictions, and the other half is probibly 25+ 70's which our focus is similar to yours.

they intermingle in guild chat.... but that is usually where it stays...

I think the 3 guild channel will rock.. I have not came up with the name yet.. but I will once all 3 guilds have come to agree on this cross-guild channel.

Immortal is online for it, and Objection is rdy to implement, we will hold off on any official posts on GMOTD or MB Forums of the channel name and the restriction of 67+ rules until we are all on board.

Cheers!

Friz
Healadin
Objection
Back to top Go down
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:54 pm

I understand that Azsh is on Holliday and won't be back for a week or two, but I will post this as a precursor to let you guys know that it will be activated this upcomming weekend.

Azsh - if your decision is to join up, feel free to post this in your GMOTD for a bit to let folks know about it.

This is already posted on Objections website and Immortals Forums as well.

Talk to you all later:)

Friz

-------------------------------------

Multi-Guild Raid Channel (MGRC) will be activated this weekend!

This channel, if used properly should be a nice tool for all the guilds who are taking part in it to communicate with eachother when members are LFG for instance runs / Heroic Runs / and Raid fill-ins. And could be used in future 25-Man events!

A couple rules Need to be applied though, this goes for all guilds involved!

Rule #1: this channel is for lvl 68+ ONLY

Rule #2: there will be no "anyone want to run me through..." hense the lvl limit of 68+.

Rule #3: when in the channel, you may use it as a general chat between the guilds, but should be mainly a raid/instance assistance ( LFG/Raid Fill-in ) channel.

to join this channel all you have to do is type:

/join MGRC

See you all there!

**Side note**

- since this is just starting up, it will be lacking folks until the word is spread around the guilds, I would assume by end of next week it should be operational enough for the purpose of it to be effective as inteneded.

Friz
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 am

Quote :
[
From the Objection team site:

09/22/2007 04:34 PM by Revolverita
Forums are back up for public use!

There has been a massive change in the state of Objection affairs which has lead to a large quantity of people deciding to part ways and depart upon their own journey. Regardless of whatever reasons that may have brought about their decisions, we wish them luck on their paths.

Please check back on the website and the forums for any updates concerning the Objection state-of-affairs, and please direct any questions concerning the changes to an attending officer.

Hey there, Friz. With the recent activity in Objection and the departure of several of the key officers in the guild, I wanted to see if you foresaw any changes or stalls in your MGRC impelementation. As you know, VS has had a mostly positive response to your proposal and we're waiting for Azsh to get back to ratify and formally join the effort.

However, as the landscape has changed fairly dramatically, should we table our own plans for the time being?

Regardless, we wish all the best to both Objection and the departing players, including yourself.

Thanks,
Bre
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:20 am

well a whole bunch of crap opened up, blood was spilt, and honestly our forums are open for folks to view, all of it is there.

MGRC is still open, I started it last friday, I will post it on EoL forums as well. It looks like teh Objection fiasco opened up flood gates. I care for alot of Obj folks and have only bad blood with one.

yall are still welcome to /join mgrc to intermingle.

see yas in game... were (EoL) are still lookn to run kara on Friday evening ( and might need a player or 2 ) never know by then.
Back to top Go down
Valenya
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Sorry to hear about that Friz. Glad to hear your project is still a go. I'll have to remember to join the channel next time I'm online. ^^

And assuming VS isn't starting Kara this week, I'm free for Kara if you need a tank/off-tank/dps Druid. (let me know ahead of time though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:39 am

Looks like the Kara raid on Friday ( 7pm gametime ) is still a go, but we are short prob 1 healer and a couple dps. so if you feel inclined send a message to me, Treann, or Belsarek. our goal is not much, just the first couple bosses Smile

cheers

Friz
Back to top Go down
Valenya
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Good luck! A few of us did Kara last night, so I think most of us are saved now. Sorry can't help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey Friz, thanks for posting mate.

Sounds like a good idea in principle. With an influx of new members we actually got to the point where we managed to field a full Kara raid and actually had to turn some people away unfortunately.

I've got no objection (no pun intended) to people joining the channel and if we have some people that we are unable to fit in to our Kara raids, I'm more than happy for them to help fill out yours.

If you want to discuss with me at all, just fire me a tell if you see me online.

Cheers,
Azsh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea with great intentions... please read!   

Back to top Go down

Idea with great intentions... please read!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victorious Secret :: The Meeting Place :: Public Forum-
Jump to: