asmo
Admin

PostSubject: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Friz
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:04 pm

dont jinx it before its even in production Smile

canadian made...eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/polasky
Thorium
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:56 pm

those canadians are teh crafty coders... lot of good games come out of canada... BioWare ftw... some of the Splinter Cell games, recent iterations of Prince of Persia... other stuff I'm sure...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladorac
Disciple
Disciple

Location : Scryer's Tier, Apt. 14, Shattrath City, Outland 00000

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 am

Silicon Knights, the boys responsible for two of the sickest GameCube games EVER, Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, is also a Canadian company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am

Canadian doesn't = win

Similarly, carrying the Deus Ex moniker =\= win (Invisible War licked serious gonads).

However, hope springs eternal, mebbe someone can make a cross platform game that doesn't suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antiarra
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:09 pm

as a fellow canadian I am very proud of the accomplishments of our game companies and hope to become one of their coders one day
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ventaros.livejournal.com
Demenria
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Doesn't look like something i would play. But Eidos has done alot of good stuff If i remember correctly they are responsible for Tomb Raider. I haven't seen any of their platforms recently I remember them doing alot on PS1. My friend in New york is gettin a PS3 this weekend..Hopefully if they arnt sold out. He asked me what games he should get and atm I think assassin's creed and Heavenly sword are 2 of the best looking platform games out atm. But my opinion is tainted. I hate Wii and don't care much for what Microsoft brings to the table Imo Sony owns. Nintendo is great for younger players its geared for eC or E. X-box is basically living off Halo they need to have more platforms that are soley theirs that are good. PS3 i feel has more platforms and has a more diverse playing feild. I'm maily a PC gamer atm. I'm thinking of picking up a PS2 though I miss FFX and FFX-2 lol. So when i get home I might be inbetween my PC and PS2. I might be getting my frinds PS2 when he gets his PS3. Wow This post has been quite a ramble lol. well anyways I'd have to see more of the ingame stuff. That teaser was to breif and didn't some much when game teasing you have to not show to much but enough to make ppl interested and it didn't do that for me. But Edios has delivered in the past I'd just to have to see more than a thing in space,or whatever that was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:24 pm

Err, k...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thorium
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:57 pm

I was real psyched for Assassin's Creed, but reviews I've seen said 1/2 is great and cool and w/e, and then there's 1/2 that was never shown/mentioned in previews and just kills the good 1/2...

your results may vary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 am

I've seen a counter point to that that says "reviewers who race through this game to meet deadlines tend to review it poorly because you no longer immerse your self in the experience, which is where the game really shines" (Penny Arcade, last week)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thorium
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:37 pm

indeed... not often I'll let a review totally dissuade (sp?) me from at least trying a game... if I'm uncertain I'll rent at the least (which I plan to do w/ Assassin's Creed)...

there are times I'll let a review push me to try a game I might not have otherwise... Psychonauts on orig. X-Box is good example... hadn't heard much about it, wouldn't have thought to try it, but read a review said was an amazing game so I rented and ended up buying... really cool game fo sho...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demenria
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:22 pm

But assassin's creed shows more than that did which intices the viewer. And I always hit Blockbuster and rent a game before I buy it. I'd have to see more of this game from more previews or renting it. I guess i can't judge a book by it's cover when I played Guild Wars I use to think WoW blew goat testes. Then I did a 10 day trial...bought the game got to lvl 60 bought BC and now I only play GW's when I wanna PvP. So yeah I'd have to check it out more for a better opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thorium
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:20 am

lol... for the longest time I was like "yeah WoW, whatever"... didn't wanna know about it... did the free trial on a long weekend when I was getting over a bad flu and that was it... what *really* got me for some reason, was the first time I went through the tunnel from Dun Morogh to Loch Modan and hit the Valley of Kings...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brendan
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Oh, sorry. After reading the subject line, I thought this was a personal note to Sav...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brendan
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Oh, sorry. After reading the subject line, I thought this was a personal note to Sav regarding the 'CoC'...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thorium
Preceptor
Preceptor

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:58 pm

Brendan wrote:
Oh, sorry. After reading the subject line, I thought this was a personal note to Sav regarding the 'CoC'...

I was *this close* to posting that a second ago...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demenria
Disciple
Disciple

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Yeah Thor the m ain thing that turned me down from WoW in the begining was seeing clips on youtube. The graphics looked lax to me. But after I gave it a try I saw how vast the gameplay was and the lack of Graphics didnt bother me as much.Guild Wars is what I use to Play it has better graphics but the PvE enviroment failz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK   

Back to top Go down

PLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCKPLSDON'TSUCK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victorious Secret :: The Meeting Place :: Public Forum-
Jump to: